At 10 a.m. on Monday, May 28 the Bay County Veterans Council and the Bay County Board of County Commissioners will host the annual Memorial Day observance at Kent Forest Lawn Cemetery, located at 2403 Harrison Ave., Panama City.
The ceremony is a tribute to the men and women who have served our great nation and have given their lives to protect the freedoms we enjoy.
Bill Gobat, Lt. Col., USMC (Ret.) will serve as the Master of Ceremonies and the guest speaker will Cmdr. Jay Sego, commanding officer, Naval Support Activity-Panama City.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
- Welcome by Lt. Col. Bill Gobat, Master of Ceremonies
- Invocation by Lt. John Gibson, base chaplain, Naval Support Activity-Panama City
- Presentation of Colors by Color Guard of Mosley High School Marine Corps JROTC
- Pledge of Allegiance led by Bill Gobat
- National Anthem by Jesselyn Dudinsky, student at Troy University
- Wreath Presentation by Marine Corps League, Detachment 065
- Roll Call & Honor Walk by various veterans organizations
- God Bless America by Jesselyn Dudinksy
- Recognition of special guests, widows, mothers and parents of deceased veterans
- Guest Speaker, Cmdr. Jay Sego, Naval Support Activity-Panama City
- Benediction by Pastor Chaplain Gibson
- Twenty-One Gun Salute by the Gulf State Guards, Inc.
- Taps performed by Stewart Corbin, orchestra member of First Baptist Church of Panama City
- Flyover by the 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall Air Force Base
- Closing Remarks / Dismissal by Bill Gobat