Adopting a Lifelong Friend
Where Do I Begin
- Upon arrival to Bay County Animal Control, you will be asked to provide a legal photo ID such as a driver's license or state I.D. as well as signing into our guest book located in the front lobby. Our animals here are as family to us and we must ensure they are kept safe and sound before leaving for their new home.
- We just know that once you enter our shelter, you are sure to find that new friend and family member you have been searching for, once you have, please come back to the front lobby so that we may begin the application process!
- If your new pet will have any brothers or sisters back at home (two or four-legged), you may wish to bring them to Bay County Animal Control with you, so that they can meet their new playmate and ensure there are no compatibility issues.
- If all is well between your new found friend and family, your application will be processed same day with a fee of $25.00.
- Please be aware that due to time constraints no adoptions will be processed after 5:30 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday and 2:30 PM on Saturdays. Our shelter is closed to the public on Wednesdays and Sundays.
What does the $25.00 adoption fee get you?
- Your new furry friend will be have all age appropriate shots and vaccinations, ensured by our on site veterinary staff.
- All dogs and cats will have been spayed or neutered prior to leaving for their new home.
- Your new pet will be tagged with a Micro-Chip Identification Tag.
- This tag is not a GPS location device but rather an I.D. chip much like a dog collar tag, please be sure to register the chip with the manufacturer and your updated owner information.
- All dogs adopted here at Bay County Animal Control will have been tested for heart worms to ensure the transition in their new home is not so "ruff"!
- Cats adopted through Bay County Animal Control, whether here at our shelter or through one of our sponsors will have been tested for Feline Leukemia/Aids to ensure they are in "purr"-fect health!
Fees are due at the time the contract is completed. The shelter accepts cash and credit cards (visa and master card).
Things to Remember
- We here at Bay County Animal Control evaluate every animal in reference to their health and behavior to the best our abilities. Unfortunately most of the animals we receive come into our family as strays where little to nothing is known about their medical history or temperament. We always recommend that your new pet see a veterinarian as soon as possible to establish the necessary vet care and continued care of the animal.
- If you have any questions concerning the adoption process please contact our Shelter Staff at (850)-767-3333.